Thursday, April 13, 2006

and again ... a new semester starts next week


Next week, on April 18th , the summer semester starts....and for me it starts right at 8 a.m.
For years now, I'm struggling with those 8. a.m. lectures...I have always bad luck. Every year, again and again, they give me the 8 a.m. lectures...
O.k....in summer it's not as bad. At least the sun is already up in the sky (if it's not overcasted, and rainy....as it is many times), and you avoid the "sleepy" summer afternoons. But, you know the students....who wants to get up so early, who isn't sleepy that time of day (at least I am...). This year I boldly arranged my "Webtechnology" lecture on mondays 10 a.m. ... but I didn't realized that they have scheduled my seminar "Semantic Web" on thuesday/thursdays at 8 a.m....
O.k....for two days in the week get up early, no chance for sports before work (only if I want to get up at 5 a.m.)...and of course looking into the face of sleepy students.....
Oh...wait! It's a seminar....this means that most times the students have to give the talking and I'm the one who listens. But - even worse - I have to listen carefully to give a sound critic afterwards...

So, everybody who wants to sleep longer (and who is able to understand german) might watch my lectures/seminars on the web. Unfortunately - at least up to now - I can't give them from home. Just imagine....get up at 7.45 a.m., brush teeth, get a cup of coffee, arrange yourself in front of your webcam, and give the lecture.....